- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef (you can use turkey but ya, we live in Nebraska and get our own beef locally) that isn’t happening with the hubby.
- 1 can (15oz) of tomato sauce (low sugar if you can find it)
- 1 can (15 oz) of kidney beans – rinsed
- 1 medium chopped onion (I buy frozen cause why CRY when someone else has done it for me) then just toss as much as I want in.
- 1 medium chopped green and red bell peppers
- minced chopped garlic (I just buy it pre-chopped in a jar)
- 1.3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsely (optional)
For the spices – I actually use Flavor God’s EVERYTHING SPICY seasoning (I’m in LOVE with all of their stuff) as it pretty much has everything mentioned above in it and makes my life SO much easier – not to mention it takes up less space in my kitchen spice cupboard and saves me money!
- Brown ground beef (or turkey).
- Add oil, onion, pepper and garlic to a large saucepan.
- When softened add in ground turkey.
- Cook for a few minutes
- Add all seasonings except parsley and stir and cook for 1 minute
- Add kidney beans and tomato sauce, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parsley when serving (optional)
Enjoy and let me know how you like it!